[b-hebrew] Genesis 20: 1 [FROM MODERATORS]

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Thu Oct 18 21:37:40 EDT 2007

I agree that there will be no resolution, because there are
differences of belief that cannot be bridged, like there is a huge
impenetrable wall between them.  But for me it is very good that - as
long as I have the time and energy to participate in whatever
discussions I am able to participate in - I am also learning, because
I have to actually study Torah in order to participate.  And by your
limiting us to UNTIL Sunday, since tomorrow is Erev Shabbat and I
have to work until 5 hours before Shabbat, and then shop, cook and
clean, and will not have time to write at all tomorrow, then you are
putting me at a disadvantage, as I will not have time to read and
learn and respond, except for Motzei Shabbat, beyond tonight.  So
could you at least INCLUDE Sunday, to give me another day - even
though, I probably will get tired of the whole thing anyway....

Shoshanna

I feel that this thread on Gen 20.1 is beginning to wear thin. It does
not seem to be progressing beyond the same basic issues, and it seems
unlikely resolution will be reached. I think all participants should
get their final words in before Sunday (21 Oct), and then call
full-time on the thread. Discussion beyond Sunday should be done
privately, offlist.

Thanks to those who have participated, though.

Best Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Fellow Chairman, B-Hebrew
Moore Theological College (Sydney)