[b-hebrew] Calm Down! (FROM MODERATORS)

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Tue Oct 16 20:31:24 EDT 2007

We've been through this conversation many times on this list.  Note
that I was not the one who accused anyone - for having other beliefs
than I - of being racist, nor did I put anyone else in the position
of feeling that they had to apologize to me for believing differently
than I do.  So your mussar to me is unfair and misplaced.

I wouldn't even EXPECT most of this list to believe what I do.

I, however, was the one accused, whether directly or by implication,
of being racist for stating my beliefs, and therefore - without
apologizing - I elaborated on my beliefs to demonstrate that they are
not racist.  It was OBVIOUS in my post that  I didn't elaborate on
them to insinuate that you all have to likewise believe them.

Re the second topic - the name of the region described, coveted,
promised, and lauded, by the Torah - the best way to avoid all
insinuations of anything, is to use only the names that G-d/ the
Torah uses.  Which is what I already said, and really it is all I
said on that topic.

Shoshanna

Shoshanna

It is fine if you want to believe all of this, as long as you are willing to
accept that many of us may not accept it and do not intend our beliefs to be
racist or an insult to anyone, and that we will not apologise for not
believing as you do.  To avoid all insinuations when referring to
Israel/Canaan/Palestine/etc seems to be very difficult, as virtually every
alternative comes with some sort of baggage.  Perhaps we just all need to
read the terms as being neutral unless otherwise stated.

Kevin Riley