[b-hebrew] Genesis 20: 1

biblical hebrew jcr.bhebrew at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 04:59:17 EDT 2007

Hi Jim,

thanks for the lengthy reiteration of points you have already made in other
posts to other list members but I think you may have misunderstood what I
wanted. What I was requesting was a basic plain English, colloquial and
understandable rendition of Genesis 20:1 so that I could see what you are
proposing the translation should be without the confusion of punctuation
schemes that, to be frank, don't work in English.

Are you suggesting an understanding of the following kind?:

And Abraham went out from there down towards the south of the land. And he
set up camp at Gerar between Kadesh and Sur.

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew       Thesis 1 - Aleppo codex machine translation
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc  Thesis 2 - language acquisition simulation