[b-hebrew] "What's eating you?"

Uri Hurwitz uhurwitz at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 17:45:34 EDT 2007

   Hello Karl,

  The root is NKH,( Nun, Kaf, He) "hit", quite common

 in Hiph'il; in the verse you inquired about it is a

 passive form in Huph'al  (or Hoph'al, if you prefer)

in the imperfect, "you, pl., will

be/are beaten."

   Uri Hurwitz

b-hebrew chaberim:    In looking at Isaiah 1:5, what is the meaning of TKW? Is it connected  with TWK inside? Or is it a verb TKK or maybe TKH, as also used in  Deuteronomy 33:3 and Ezekiel 22:20–22?  Or have I made an elementary mistake that I need someone to slap me on  the side of the head to recognize?    Karl W. Randolph.