[b-hebrew] Stress

George Athas george.athas at moore.edu.au
Sun Oct 14 08:10:03 EDT 2007

Hi Isaac!

Thank you for admitting that your theory represents a minority view
that does not deal with the trajectory of mainstream scholarship. Of
course you are entitled to this as your opinion, but I dare say you
probably won’t win many converts to your theory since it is on such a
different wavelength. This perhaps explains why there seems to be
little understanding between you and others on B-Hebrew.

You stated:

Ø  There must be some common factor in all these uses of letter he.

No, I beg to differ. All you have is different instances of the letter
he. It is an assumption to claim that they must all have something in
common beyond having the same consonant. It’s a bit like saying that I
must have something ontologically in common with George Bush because
we both have the name ‘George’. But what we have in common (e.g.,
human, male, currently alive, English-speaker, married, with children,
parents who liked the name ‘George’, etc.) does not stem from our
common name, but from other completely unrelated factors.

Best Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Moore Theological College (Sydney)
1 King St, Newtown, NSW 2042, Australia