[b-hebrew] YHWH vs. Yahweh

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 12:13:35 EDT 2007

Franck:

When we cannot be sure of pre-Exile Hebrew pronunciation, where there
is disagreement on what were the materes lexiones as can be seen in
other discussions on this list, who can be sure of this particular
name? Possible pronunciations include "Yahweh", "Yahowhe", "Yahuwahe"
as well as others. That's why I only spell out "YHWH".

I can be certain that it did not include "-UL" as you propose.

Karl W. Randolph.