[b-hebrew] Genesis 20: 1

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Oct 11 00:43:13 EDT 2007

Jim,

Indeed, biblical geography is uncertain because of the generic nature
of the biblical place names. Every significant place of worship could
be QADE$ [AL-QUDS]. It appears to me that Beersheba is BEER-$EBA(,
with $EBA( meaning 'plentiful, abundant', as $EPA( of Deuteronomy
33:19 is. Possibly other plentiful wells supplying generously were so
called.

Isaac Fried, Boston University