[b-hebrew] 2Ki 2:11-12

Jason Hare jaihare at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 03:05:36 EDT 2007

Bryan,

The answer is found in verse 15. In the beginning of verse 12, it says
W)LY$( RW)H [ואלישע רואה], and this refers to the fact that he *did* see
Elijah go away into heaven. The confirmation in verse 15 says that NXH
RWX )LYHW (L )LY$( [נחה רוח אליהו על אלישע], "the spirit of Elijah has
rested upon Elisha."

Jason Hare
English Teacher
Rishon LeZion, Israel