[b-hebrew] Genesis 31: 47: What Foreign Language Is That? (FROM MODERATORS)

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 04:18:28 EST 2007

Hi George,

To turn to your 'survivor' example, there is always the option for
people to 'remove themselves from the island' due to the 'conduct' of
others on the 'island'.

I'm with Yitzhak: a list that seeks to promote scholarly sincerity in
relation to the analysis and discussion of BH should not have to suffer
a continual barrage of entirely obvious erroneous and fanciful
mumbo-jumbo trotted out and paraded as matter-of-fact linguistic truth.
The list is, and should be, above this. Somewhere a line needs to be
drawn to protect long-suffering list members from 'voting themselves
off' in the interests of their in-box. The value of the list is
diminished if people move on because they have become 'sick of the island'.

Sincerely,
David Kummerow.