[b-hebrew] Genesis 31: 47 - Suffix -UT

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 01:52:26 EST 2007

Before I commit to what I said about entirely retiring from this discussion:

1. Typological analysis of known human languages has convincingly
demonstrated that human language minimally requires three vowels.

2. Since you obviously do not understand phonemics, let me briefly
demonstrate: [hu'] (3ms anaphoric pronoun) and [hi'] (3ms anaphoric
pronoun) form a minimal pair allowing for the identification of the
phonemes /u/ and /i/. They are thus phonemes -- not identity markers.
The fact that they may be used as such is entirely secondary -- which
means that not every 'u' or 'i' is an identity marker. Other linguistic
criteria isolate these phonemes as vowels, distinguishing them from the
consonantal phonemes.

3. The fact that you are oblivious to these facts necessitates that you
really should read up on basic linguistics and until you do so your
thoughts cannot be taken at all seriously.

Regards,
David Kummerow.