[b-hebrew] Hebrew fonts again

Søren Holst sh at teol.ku.dk
Mon Nov 26 08:22:44 EST 2007

Two font questions (perennial issue, it seems):

Somebody (Jason Hare, I think?) mentioned recently that Times New Roman and Arial occur in updated versions with Windows Vista. Am I right that the trouble with holam on vocalized Hebrew still persists??

When using excellent fonts like Ezra SIL or SBL Hebrew in a regular Word document written in Times New Roman, inserted Hebrew passages cause lines to move further apart. What would be the sensible thing to do about that? Would setting line spacing to a specific number of points, rather than just "single", cause unwanted side effects?

kol tuv
Soren