[b-hebrew] Genesis 31: 47: What Foreign Language Is That?

jimstinehart at aol.com jimstinehart at aol.com
Fri Nov 23 19:55:51 EST 2007

Yitzhak Sapir:

You say that 'sahaduta' is an Aramaic word, and that -uta is a nice, good Aramaic ending.

I am having trouble confirming that on The Complete Aramaic Lexicon site that you referenced.

1.? When I type in 'sahaduta', it says there is no such Aramaic word.

2.? When I look at the Old Aramaic texts, I do not seem to see any -uta endings.

3.? What does -uta mean as an ending in Aramaic?

4.? Could you list several Aramaic words that end with -uta?

Jim Stinehart
Evanston, Illinois