[b-hebrew] Genesis 31:47

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:44:01 EST 2007

Jim,

I am not a scholar, but I think I understand what you are saying. I think you are saying that Laban the Aramean came from a place called Aram, but he did not speak Aramaic. He called the rocks some words in Hebrew and Hebrew mixed with Hurrian that later became Aramaic words that coincidentally meant the same thing as the Hebrew words Jacob used "heap of witness (testimony)".

Is this what you are saying?

What are you trying to prove by your ideas about this quote? Are you trying to show that the story took place at an earlier time before Aramaic was spoken?

Kenneth Greifer