[b-hebrew] Psalm 45:5

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:03:38 EST 2007

John:

That's a good question. It's questions like these that make me look up
and learn.

While (L DBR על דבר as an idiom meaning "for the sake of" or "because
of" occurs over 30 times in Tanakh, you are right in questioning if
this is a case where this use is that of the idiom or is it a
different use of the words?

I suspect that in this use it is not idiomatic, rather should be
translated as "upon the expressing of truth and justice".

Thanks for the question.

Karl W. Randolph.