[b-hebrew] Genesis 12:5 are souls slaves?

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sat Nov 17 23:08:06 EST 2007

Plus, Jim, as you wrote, Abraham was "gathered to his people" in Hebron, NOT
in Lebanon. While the expression "gathered to his people", like "lay with
his fathers", literally refers to the custom of burying in a family tomb,
with the bones of several generations being gathered in a single chamber, it
is often used a a figure of speech.

Yigal Levin