[b-hebrew] feast for the ears? Psalm 40:7

kgraham0938 at comcast.net kgraham0938 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 16 11:12:15 EST 2007

Hey Kenneth, I would stick to the traditional reading of this one.  It would appear to me 'digging' of the ears may represent some sort of idiom which means to make a point clear to the listener.  So it is almost as if he is saying "sacrifices you do not desire, you have made that clear to me, burnt offering and sin offerings you did not ask for."

The LXX seems to agree with this idea with WTIA DE KATHRTISW MOI
--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net

From: kenneth greifer <greifer at hotmail.com>