[b-hebrew] Midianites

AMiddleton at dennys.com AMiddleton at dennys.com
Mon Nov 12 16:05:59 EST 2007

Sorry about the not signing of the post, but it does have some evident
connection with biblical Hebrew. It the first time mentioned in the bible
referring to God with the Hebrew name YHWH or Yahweh. Studies believe that
the name Yahweh came from the Midianites. In Exodus 2-3,  when Moses flew
for slaying the Egyptian he went to Midian (Hebrew: מִדְיָן) and stayed
for 40 years, took his wife Zipporah, the daughter of a Midian priest and
learned of the Hebrew God where God first told Moses His name. Also,
Midian is said to be the son of Abraham, a founding patriarch of the
Israelites, Ishamelites and Edomite peoples.

Angel Middleton
Spartanburg, SC

"Gary Hedrick" <garyh at cjfm.org>
Sent by: b-hebrew-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
11/12/2007 03:39 PM

<b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [b-hebrew] Midianites

                 Interesting question, but (1) you need to sign your
posts, and (2)
the question needs to have some evident connection with biblical Hebrew.

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, Texas USA