[b-hebrew] Language, migration and Jewish identity

George Athas george.athas at moore.edu.au
Thu Nov 8 19:54:10 EST 2007

Karl wrote:

If "scholar" is limited to those who are connected with major secular
universities, have a PhD connected to their names and have published
in "peer" reviewed journals (the main function in practice of "peer
review" is to censor views that are not politically correct, to
prevent maverics from being hired at universities, and sometimes even
prevent them from getting advanced degrees), then we are talking about
a small clique, a very tiny subset of those who have studied Biblical
Hebrew.

Karl, I don't think this type of caricature is helpful, and it's
probably offensive to some people. Please be more circumspect.

Best Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Moore Theological College (Sydney)
1 King St, Newtown, NSW 2042, Australia