[b-hebrew] Was Abraham Born in Mesopotamia?

jason silber uzisilber at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 15:26:05 EST 2007

Jim,
throughout early genesis, especially in the Abraham cycle, there are several
references to 'bayamim hahem', 'in those days', confirming that that the
writer (or editor) had compiled the information much later -- id guess
during the eras of Hezekiah or Josiah. (or 700 years after the purported
events were supposed to occur?)

there are also references to towns being known differently at one point )
and Beit El which was once luz, and hevron nee kiryat arba)

the semi mythical nature would explain the multiple versions of events, the
doublets, the same events featuring different characters, the rounded
numbers (in baylonian style) of 180, 120, 40.

so wouldn't you agree that while some of the semi mythical information may
originate from sources from, say, the 15th century, that the writer who
ultimately put this fathers cycles together would have lived in the 8th
century BCE at the earliest?
uzi