[b-hebrew] Was Abraham Born in Mesopotamia?

jason silber uzisilber at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 13:46:13 EST 2007

Jim,
controversial view indeed.  there are many 'ifs' in there.

another interesting point concerning this six month calendar:
Jews have two major new years as well
the first month -- chodesh rishon - in the jewish (babylonian) lunar
calendar is nissan -- the month of passover.
but rosh hashana (head of the year) is held on Tishrey  - chodesh shvi'i -
or the seventh month.

what is the prevailing opinion of modern secular scholarship regarding the
identification of kasdim with kassites?