[b-hebrew] Was Abraham Born in Mesopotamia?

jason silber uzisilber at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 11:25:09 EST 2007

JIm,

Did anyone raise the issue that Ur Kasdim didnt exist during the time Avram
was supposed to have lived?
and that since Ur was a major sophisiticated city during Babylonian exile it
is plausible that the editors of the tanakh in the 6 century BCE inserted an
Ur background to abraham to lend an air of sophistcation to Avraham and his
descendents?
Uzi