[b-hebrew] Prefix or root consonant?

ג'ייסון הייר jaihare at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 05:00:49 EDT 2007

Pere,

Yes, N is part of the root, but not the N that you see in the word. The root
letter is assimilated by the G in this case, represented only by the dagesh.
The N that is seen is the marker for the first-person plural, here maybe a
cohortative ("Let us surely tell...."). The "tense" is imperfect and the
binyan hif'il (הפעיל).

However, it is not like WN$YM, if the root of this word is $MM. The root of
NfG.iYD is NGD.

Regards,
Jason Hare
English Teacher