[b-hebrew] Trouble getting decent-looking Hebrew in Mac OS X

Martin Shields enkidu at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 1 17:22:38 EDT 2007

Jon,

AFAIK, Macs use Apple's own typography which means that *most* non-
Apple fonts won't work well (with one caveat, see below). The fonts
that should look reasonable in Apple's own apps are Arial Hebrew,
Cardo, Lucida Grande, New Peninim MT, and Raanana. At least some of
these fonts may be installed on your system by default.

The caveat: if you use the word processor Mellel (http://
www.mellel.com/) it has support for OpenType fonts and will work with
Ezra SIL SR and some of the other fonts you may prefer. You can try
before you buy.

Hope that helps,

Martin Shields,
Sydney, Australia.