[b-hebrew] Language, migration and Jewish identity

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 14:11:00 EDT 2007

I am not an expert on either German nor Yiddish, but I lived in Germany.

Of the dialects I was exposed to in Germany, Yiddish is closest to
those spoken in south western traditional German lands around where
Rashi lived. Just my observation.

But this is getting off of B-Hebrew. What it proves it up to you.

Just my 2¢.

Karl W. Randolph.