[b-hebrew] Trouble getting decent-looking Hebrew in Mac OS X

Jonathan Bartlett jonathan at newmedio.com
Thu Nov 1 11:58:12 EDT 2007

I'm trying to type some decent-looking Unicode Hebrew on Mac OS X, but
I'm running into some problems.  The default font is ugly, especially
when more than one pointing needs to be added to a letter.  I've tried
fonts like Ezra SIL, but all of the pointings on that font show up
left-aligned on the letter.  I don't know if that's a font problem, a
user problem, or an Mac OS X problem.

Anyway, you can see a font test here to see what I'm looking at:

http://dev.newmedio.com/johnnyb/hebrew.jpg

Any ideas would be appreciated.

jon