[b-hebrew] Isaiah 13:15 - every one that is joined (unto them) shall fall by the sword

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sat May 26 21:36:37 EDT 2007

Dear Steven:

Looking at the meaning, we find "to deliver up, hand over (to add (to),
dissimilar objects)" where the adding to is a subordinate meaning to the
handing over and where the objects being added are dissimilar. The verb is
used only 17 times in Tanakh.

As for the concept of capturing, that is the active meaning to the Hebrew
passive of being handed over, at least that is my guess.

Karl W. Randolph.