[b-hebrew] psalm 51 and King David's sin

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sat May 26 20:32:28 EDT 2007

Kenneth:

Yes, the law was in effect then, but it was not a law without exceptions.
Starting with the battle at Jerico, individuals who joined Israel, even from
the Canaanite peoples among whom were some Hittites, were
spared. The peoples were to be destroyed, and Israel was punished for not
following God's command in this. In the case of Uriah, the name indicates
that he was at least second generation, if not more.

Your argument doesn't wash.

Karl W. Randolph.