[b-hebrew] Dan 9:27b and shomem

kgraham0938 at comcast.net kgraham0938 at comcast.net
Wed May 23 09:50:29 EDT 2007

Hey Anthony.  If I am reading HALOT correctly I think there are two possibilities.  The first is that it can be taken as a transitive verb.  HALOT on page 1564 says shamam transitive probably also in Dan 8:13; see further Dan 9:27b 12:11. (but on this see also polel)

Under the polel it reads: "it may be that a shortened form of the pt. is an explanation of the forms in Da 8:13 ;9:27;12:11) but it is also possible to explain them as qal transitive participle.
--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net

From: Anthony Buzzard <anthonybuzzard at mindspring.com>