[b-hebrew] A question

kgraham0938 at comcast.net kgraham0938 at comcast.net
Wed May 23 07:56:20 EDT 2007

 Having a shureq between the second and third root letters is the sign of a qal passive participle.  Off the top of my head I cannot think of any other verb pattern that shares this.  I am not so sure that I would hold too the qamets being under the first root as an indicator however because there are some feminine forms that do not have the qamets but still have the shureq between the second and third root intact such as Ezekiel 2:9.  But it does look like both your examples are indeed qal passives.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net

From: <pporta at oham.net>