[b-hebrew] Learning Ugaritic

particle wave particle.wave at gmail.com
Tue May 22 00:17:04 EDT 2007

I'm not particularly learning it to help with my Biblical Hebrew. I'd
like to eventually read through things like the Baal Cycle and other
related bits in the original and it seems like a relatively
straightforward introduction to cuneiform and a good starting
challenge on the linguistics front in general. The whole linguistics
education process for me is purely for my own edification and I find
myself very enthusiastic about this as a starting point so I'm going
to go with it. When I actually get the formal schooling rolling
sometime next year I'll likely dig into Aramaic or Akkadian. For now
I'm just warming up my brain, so to speak.

And yes, I like obscure languages.

Amir Rosemblatt
Seattle, WA