[b-hebrew] psalm 51 and King David's sin

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 13:10:18 EDT 2007

Peter,

I made a mistake in saying that David did not sin because I think his sin
was only a sin to G-d because G-d knew why David did it.

I think he killed a Hittite for his wife, and not for being a Hittite.
Technically, he might have been allowed to kill a Hittite even if the
Hittite believed in G-d. Also, I think the Hittite was not married legally
to Bathsheba since they were told not to marry Hittites, so technically, it
might not have been adultery.

Maybe David did not just take his wife away without killing him because it
would look bad (like an abuse of power.) Maybe he just decided to follow the
rule to kill Hittites  for his own benefit.

Kenneth Greifer