[b-hebrew] Ps 51:6

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Fri May 18 07:50:01 EDT 2007

Steve,

You may be right that "moral system" is somewhat hyperbolic. Yet I
suspect that also NABAL the Carmelite's death (see I Samuel 25:2-38)
was not an accident. By the way, I tend to think that NABAL means
'nobleman', as it is in Arabic. Possibly NEBEL, 'harp?', is an
imposing musical instrument.

Isaac Fried, Boston University