[b-hebrew] Ps 51:6

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu May 17 08:33:40 EDT 2007

Pere,

Psalms 51:6 says B(YNEYKA and not L(YNEYKA. The first means 'in (B)
the mind', and the second, 'in front (L) of the eyes'. I believe it
is systematically so. In any event, king David has this moral system
of first committing a nefarious act and then shedding warm tears over
it in front of God.

Isaac Fried, Boston University