[b-hebrew] Taw added to Verbs

Brak Brak at neo.rr.com
Thu May 10 20:20:34 EDT 2007

 From my understanding whenever a Taw is added to the beginning of a
verb it adds the word "you".
For example, in the Ten Commandments you have:
LO) T.IR:CFX   which would translate "no you kill"

Now my question involves the text in Adam and Eve story in Genesis.
In Gen 3:2 you have:
WA/T.O)MER HF/)I$.FH

Now from my understanding it would be translated as "And you said the woman"
Now that just seems weird to me. To have "And said the woman" would make
much more sense, but you don't have the word )FMAR you have T.O)MER

So what is going on here?

--

B"H
John Steven

"If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you
behave."
-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.