[b-hebrew] Geminate roots in vav-consecutive

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon May 7 22:49:52 EDT 2007

James:

Just looking at your example, SBB, we find in the waw followed by a
perfective verb with both bets referenced, e.g. 1 Samuel 7:16, Qohelet 12:5,
2 Chronicles 33:14, all in Qal.

Many of these verbs are seldom used with both of doubled letters in the
imperfective, let alone as an imperfective as part of a waw-consecutive. But
as shown above, if the verb involved in the waw-consecutive is perfective,
then it is possible.

Karl W. Randolph.