[b-hebrew] Befuddled by NGD

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Fri Jul 27 09:32:58 EDT 2007

Karl,

I read with interest your argument that $EM, 'name' is connected to
$AM, 'there, at that location', by the fact that a person is located
[or placed] by his name. I thought of extending this idea. So:
1. $EM, 'name', is so called because an item is located by it.
2. $UM, 'Garlic' is so called because it is located in the ground.
3. )A$EM, 'guilty' is so called because he is located in prison.
4. $AMA(, 'heard' is so called since the sound source can be located
by hearing.

Isaac Fried, Boston University