[b-hebrew] Befuddled by NGD

Brak Brak at neo.rr.com
Thu Jul 26 05:09:54 EDT 2007

So from what I get from all this is that the word NGD is like the word $M
Just as $M has two distict meanings dependent on how it is used ("there"
and "name") so does NGD

I now have another question regarding this word:

When it is first used in Genesis in the context of Eve I was always
taught that it meant "opposite" or "against".
I have never heard that it meant "in front of".
So could someone please explain how the idea of "in front of" fits in
that passage?

By the way, I appreciate all the input received thus far!

B"H
John Steven

"If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you
behave."
-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.