[b-hebrew] virginity

Bill Rea bsr15 at cantsl.it.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jul 25 18:08:08 EDT 2007

Yigal wrote:-

>BTW - all of the above, about rape being "no big deal", is based on a
>literal reading of the passage involved.

I once read that Philo regarded the seduction of a marriage woman
as a more serious crime than the rape of a virgin. Unfortunately
I can't give you any details of where I read it. But it is consistent
with what we understand from the Hebrew Bible.

Bill Rea, ICT Services, University of Canterbury \_
E-Mail bill.rea at canterbury.ac.nz                </   New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax  64-3-364-2332        /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                    (/'