[b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14 - HNH

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Wed Jul 25 00:20:14 EDT 2007

Joseph,

1. The word HINEH = HI-NA-HI consists of the two personal pronouns,
or identity markers, HI-HI for the thing referred to, and the Hebrew
existence marker N = AN-NA, corresponding to the English substantives
on-in. Thus HINEH declares that a thing exists, or is soon to
materialize [and therefore for the moment is just imagined]. It is
not 'behold' nor 'here is' in the locative sense, but only in the
existential sense. The related word HENAH means 'to me'.
2. The function of the hebrew HA- [which is in my opinion the
personal pronoun HI = HU] is to reference a significant, non-
arbitrary or non-random person. It is so with HA-PALIT, HA-MELIC, HA-
NA(AR. This non-randomness can circumstantially or contextually rise
to the top level of an absolute and categorically certain
identification. Here and now HA-NASI) is none other than George
Walker Bush.
3. HARAH is a state.
4. You agree that HINEH HA-MALKAH HARAH would have been obvious, but
of course people can always be found who believe that HA-MALKAH is
the moon.

Isaac Fried, Boston University