[b-hebrew] LMW with a singular referent

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 22:52:44 EDT 2007

Steve:

Do you forget that the third person plural of "to them" is LHM, not LMW?

Does that not free up the -MW suffix so that it can have a special
meaning that cannot be restricted to third person plural?

While stubbornness is sometimes a virtue, can it not at other times be
a flaw? It was only during this discussion in the last few weeks that
I realized that, if I am consistent in claiming that the -MW suffix
points back to the subject of the context, then sometimes it refers to
the first person singular, references I have already listed in past
messages. I used to think it refers only to the third person. I'm
willing to change my opinion based on the evidence, are you?

Does the -MW suffix refer to the subject of the context? If not, why
not? What examples do you have to show that? (Please don't argue some
tiring "expert", I want to see primary data.)

Karl W. Randolph.