[b-hebrew] Dinah raped?

Vadim Cherny vadimcherny at mail.ru
Fri Jul 20 12:34:13 EDT 2007

A threatened woman must cry in town, but not outside it. It seems, the Torah
presumes any adulterous affair involving a virgin outside camp a rape. Sort
of the statutory rape in common law.
Dinah brothers' proposition was actually very sensible. Abraham made
circumcision when he entered the land, thus the rite was very significant
for the locals. Hebrew law allows marriage in circumstances similar to
Dinah's.

Vadim Cherny