[b-hebrew] virginity

JAMES CHRISTIAN READ JCR128 at student.anglia.ac.uk
Fri Jul 20 02:18:59 EDT 2007

I have to say I'm still not all that impressed. How
impressed would you have been in 1939 if a local lad
claiming to be a prophet said 'here is a sign. An essex
lass will get knocked up and have a wee lad called John .
He'll eat Kellogs crunchy nut corn flakes and before
and before he's old enough to down a pint of Boddington's
bitter Hitler and Mussolini will have lost the war.'?

Surely your average local critic will say something
like 'but John's are born every year. What does that
prove?'. Surely there must have been something special
about the birth of the boy in order to make the
prophecy spectacular.