[b-hebrew] virginity

Tory Thorpe torythrp at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 20:08:26 EDT 2007

Dear James,

On Jul 19, 2007, at 4:28 PM, JAMES CHRISTIAN READ wrote:

> Is it amazing to be called Immanuel?
> Is it amazing to eat honey and butter as a child?
> Is it all that amazing for a young (unmarried) woman to
> get pregnant? (it certainly isn't in my (current) home
>  county Herts/Essex)
> Or is it amazing that a woman who hasn't had sex yet
> can get pregnant?

The sign/miracle of Isa. vii 10-16 is not the manner of conception
and birth; it is the fulfillment of v. 16 before the boy Immanuel
attains a discerning age - before the child knows to refuse the bad
and choose the good the two kings Pekah of Israel and Rezin of
Damascus will be removed.

Tory Thorpe