[b-hebrew] wild guess about betula

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 21:38:45 EDT 2007

I understand that virgins used to wear special clothing that showed they
were virgins like in 2 Samuel 13:18 which says Tamar wore a special outfit
as a as one of the king's virgin daughters.
Maybe non-royal people wore a different outfit that showed they were
virgins.

Maybe "betula" means "in red" although it is spelled differently than the
word red in Hebrew. Maybe the word "bachur" young man could mean "in white".

If the idea seems silly, sorry. I am just guessing for fun.

Sincerely,

Kenneth Greifer