[b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:28:05 EDT 2007

Tory:

The Greek word parthenos referred not only to a person who was a
virgin, but also to "virginity", the state of being a virgin. So while
we cannot read the minds of the translators of the LXX, they way they
used the word in this verse is not necessarily an indication that they
considered parthenos as being other than a reference to virgin(ity).

The Hebrew original is clearer what happened. Thus this can be an
example of a poor translation rather than proof of language use.

Karl W. Randolph.