[b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Mon Jul 16 05:12:41 EDT 2007

On 16/07/2007 03:02, Tory Thorpe wrote:
>> HH: How is it that a Christian comment is partisan, but the JPS study
>> Bible is non-partisan? How is JPS non-partisan?
>>

> The JPS footnote is nonpartisan because it does not attempt to
> restrict the meaning of almah to a physical virgin, as you do
> constantly. Any comment, be it from a christian or a martian, which
> attempts to narrow the definition in such a way that physical
> virginity is "generally to be assumed" is partisan.

In other words, anyone who disagrees with you or tries to offer any
evidence of any other position, whether "a christian or a martian", is
partisan and ought to be denied the right to put forward that evidence.
Tory, I more or less agree with you on this issue, but I am embarrassed
to agree with someone taking the attitude you do. Instead, please let
them offer their evidence, and then give your counter-arguments which,
if they are as strong as you claim, should settle the matter.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Blog:    http://www.qaya.org/blog/
Website: http://www.qaya.org/