[b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14

Harold Holmyard hholmyard3 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 8 19:02:23 EDT 2007

Dear Joseph,
>  Interestingly, the
> NASB translators decided on "young woman" for 7:14 but were vetoed by the
> American Bishops who retained "virgin". This is why I don't find authority
> authoritative here.

I doubt it was the NASB translators, because they are Protestant:

http://www.afcministry.com/NASB_Translators.htm

The translators come from Presbyterian, Methodist, American Baptist,
Disciples, Southern Baptist, Nazarene, General Association of Regular
Baptist, Congregational, Independent Baptist, Free Methodist, and still
other denominations. Some have international reputations.

HH: I don't think they would be controlled by American bishops, by which
you presumably mean Catholic ones.  Perhaps you mean NAB. If you want to
read about the NASB translators, you can see a list of them above or here:

http://www.bible-researcher.com/nasb.html

Yours,
Harold Holmyard