[b-hebrew] Alphabetizing

Ken Penner ken.penner at acadiau.ca
Fri Jul 6 09:36:53 EDT 2007

In Unicode order, the Shin dot (U+05C1) comes before the Sin dot (U+05C2), but in MS keyboard layout order, Sin dot (Caps-Shift-9) comes before Sin dot (Caps-Shift-0). MS Word sorts according to the Unicode order (Shin before Sin), with priority given to the vowels over the Shin/Sin dot. Whether that matches Academy of the Hebrew Language standards or not, I can't say.

Ken

Ken M. Penner, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies
Acadia Divinity College,