[b-hebrew] bi adoni

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:33:26 EDT 2007

Johannes:

"Bi" is used at the beginning of a sentence that has a request from a
subordinate to his boss.

The phrase "bi adoni" is found 12 times, about half of which refer to
a human authority over the one making the request.

No I don't know of any article discussing this phrase. A list of its
occurrences follows:

 Ge 43:20, Ge 44:18, Ex 4:10, Ex 4:13, Nu 12:11, Jos 7:8, Jud 6:13,
Jud 6:15, Jud 13:8, 1Sa 1:26, 1Ki 3:17, 1Ki 3:26.

Karl W. Randolph.

On 7/3/07, buxtorf.iohannes at fastwebnet.it