[b-hebrew] Alphabetizing

pporta at oham.net pporta at oham.net
Mon Jul 2 23:13:28 EDT 2007

I got a 404 Not Found error when going to that link.

_____________

Yes, you are quite right.
Go to www.oham.net/out/N-t/N-t.html
or www.oham.net/out/N-d/N-d.html

I think it must work.

Pere Porta

  B"H
  John Steven

  "If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you behave."
  -Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.

  pporta at oham.net wrote:
      I have a question in regards to putting Hebrew words in alphabetical order.

      I assume that ordering the words according to the letters would be the
      first step, but how do you handle the points (dagesh and vowel)?

      What is the ordering criteria when you have two or more words with the
      same letters, but different points?

      So, for example, if you have the words:
      )FBAL
      )FB"L
      )"BEL
      ):ABFL

      Or if you have:
      )FDAM
      )FDFM
      )FDOM
      ):EDOM
      )ODEM

      How would they be alphabetized?

    Look at www.oham.net/out/N-t.html
    You will find the right vowel and other points order stated by the Academy of the Hebrew Language.

    Regards,

    Pere Porta